Licence Pro - IDS
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Licence Pro - IDS

Forum de liaison pour la licence pro INFOGRAPHIE

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -50%
-50% Baskets Nike Air Huarache
Voir le deal
64.99 €

Hello Everybody!

+2
julio
Susan Arbon
6 participants
AuteurMessage
Susan Arbon
VIP
VIP
Susan Arbon

Hello Everybody! Empty
MessageSujet: Hello Everybody!   Hello Everybody! Icon_minitimeLun 30 Oct - 16:21

Dear All,

So here we go again with the forum, just a few basic rules...

Please only use English in this part of the forum - I prefer to see bad English to bad French, German, Spanish, Swahili, etc etc etc.

Please do not use offensive language – I know that in English language films the characters seem to spend most of their time ‘effing and blinding’ i.e. using very very rude words that I would never use in front of my mother – but in real life English speakers are actually rather more polite than the French.

Please do not use the forum to vent anger against other class members or teachers – if you have an ‘issue’ with someone sort it out with that student / teacher in person and in private.

That’s about all.

I will be happy to answer any questions you may have on English words and phrases that you come across at work and that you do not understand.

Also, if you have a favourite song that you would like some help with please feel free to ask – I may not always be able to help – American slang is not my forté – but I will do my best to find an answer / translation.

Hope all that is as clear as mud.

Oops, one last thing, I live in the middle of nowhere so I do not always have access to the Internet but I will try to log on at least once every two days.

Good luck to all of you in the wonderful world of work!

Susan
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
julio
Boulet Award 2007
Boulet Award 2007

Hello Everybody! Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Hello Everybody!   Hello Everybody! Icon_minitimeLun 30 Oct - 16:50

Hello miss Susan, I have two small question to you for this time :
First one : you said "American slang is not my forté" and i didn't understand.
and after in english could we write "I" => "i"? I don't know how to explain better: Example : I'm happy => could we write this like that => "i'm happy"

Have a nice day Smile
Mel
Comas Ethylique
Comas Ethylique
Mel

Hello Everybody! Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Hello Everybody!   Hello Everybody! Icon_minitimeLun 30 Oct - 17:56

Hello miss!

How are you? I hope fine Smile
I was just looking for a few more informations about the studies in GB...which university, town, for how long... Smile thanks!
Susan Arbon
VIP
VIP
Susan Arbon

Hello Everybody! Empty
MessageSujet: Hello 'Snot'   Hello Everybody! Icon_minitimeLun 30 Oct - 18:38

Question 1
'not my forté' means that it is not my strong point / speciality

Question 2
In correct English 'I' is always written with a CAPITAL LETTER - you are afterall important.

The same goes for days of the week (Monday, Tuesday, ...) months of the year (January, February, ...) countries and nationalities (France, French, ...) You should also use CAPITAL LETTERS in the titles of books, films etc (The Lord of the Rings, ...).

Of course many English people do not use I when they should but in correct English you really should.

By the way do you know what 'snot' is in English? It's really not a very nice name...
julio
Boulet Award 2007
Boulet Award 2007

Hello Everybody! Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Hello Everybody!   Hello Everybody! Icon_minitimeLun 30 Oct - 18:44

I know that yes, but it's not for that I choose this pseudo, it is just the shorter word of snotling a little monster in warhammer game. (Heroic Fantastic game)
Susan Arbon
VIP
VIP
Susan Arbon

Hello Everybody! Empty
MessageSujet: Studying in the UK   Hello Everybody! Icon_minitimeLun 30 Oct - 18:47

Dear Mel,

I am fine even if I am in Le Puy ...

The best place to start looking for courses in the UK is on the official site for higher education:

www.ucas.ac.uk

This site centralizes ALL the courses on offer in the UK for undergraduates and postgraduates.

At the end of the year - if all goes well - you will be a post-graduate which means that you will be able to go for a Master's Degree. However, some universities in the UK do not accept Lic Pro as an equal to a Bsc / BA Honours Degree...

I suggest that you start looking at Teesside's site - www.tees.ac.uk - they do accept French students with Lic Pro. Remember you will be a post-graduate.

Then look at the ucas site - it has all the links to all the univeristies in England. You can also ask universities to send you prospectuses - booklets about the courses on offer and life at the univeristy in question.

There is always more funding (money, money, money) for post-graduate studies. Teesside are very good but no doubt other universities also offer incentives.

Anyway, have a look and if you get confused ask!

We will talk about it all when we see each other again in December or January. I will also try to get the people form Teesside to come and talk to you.

I think studying abroad is a great experience and if I can help take French brains to the UK I will be very happy.

Hope that helps.

Susan

Dernière édition par le Mar 31 Oct - 21:06, édité 1 fois
greg
Alcoolique anonyme
Alcoolique anonyme
greg

Hello Everybody! Empty
MessageSujet: Becarefull lol   Hello Everybody! Icon_minitimeLun 30 Oct - 22:47

Becarefull , Suzane's English text contains some GRAMATICAL & ORTHOGRAPHIC traps !! Your point for your exam will up if you found it ! isn't it suzane? Very Happy

Dernière édition par le Lun 30 Oct - 22:52, édité 1 fois
greg
Alcoolique anonyme
Alcoolique anonyme
greg

Hello Everybody! Empty
MessageSujet: open your eyes & your CB   Hello Everybody! Icon_minitimeLun 30 Oct - 22:49

only If you reading the post before,

For 150 $ on my account i could put some real error in Suzane's Text in order to up your exam points . Very Happy

Contact me for transaction .
Accepting cash, Visa ...no cheque !!!!
greg
Alcoolique anonyme
Alcoolique anonyme
greg

Hello Everybody! Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Hello Everybody!   Hello Everybody! Icon_minitimeLun 30 Oct - 22:58

Susan Arbon a écrit:
Dear Mel,

I think studying abroad is a great experience
Susan

sure it is! but time to work after, for me !
but , working overther could be fun but hard !
greg
Alcoolique anonyme
Alcoolique anonyme
greg

Hello Everybody! Empty
MessageSujet: pour langlais :   Hello Everybody! Icon_minitimeLun 30 Oct - 23:58

The better to learn English :

American Rap !!!!!
toto
Comas Ethylique
Comas Ethylique
toto

Hello Everybody! Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Hello Everybody!   Hello Everybody! Icon_minitimeMar 31 Oct - 0:32

To learn english, you can see "Friend" in VO, it's simple to understand what they say and it's very fun.

bye
Jobe
Alcolique notoire
Alcolique notoire

Hello Everybody! Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Hello Everybody!   Hello Everybody! Icon_minitimeMar 31 Oct - 10:58

toto a écrit:
To learn english, you can see "Friend" in VO, it's simple to understand what they say and it's very fun.

bye

Or you can have an english girl friend it's nice too
julio
Boulet Award 2007
Boulet Award 2007

Hello Everybody! Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Hello Everybody!   Hello Everybody! Icon_minitimeMar 31 Oct - 13:05

Or try to explain something to english peoples Smile
Susan Arbon
VIP
VIP
Susan Arbon

Hello Everybody! Empty
MessageSujet: English mistakes   Hello Everybody! Icon_minitimeMar 31 Oct - 21:10

Just a quickie.
Do you want me to correct the mistakes or not?
What's the mistake Greg?
greg
Alcoolique anonyme
Alcoolique anonyme
greg

Hello Everybody! Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Hello Everybody!   Hello Everybody! Icon_minitimeMar 31 Oct - 21:22

just in french, have no time for english, sorry

oups desole pour le mpv, je voulai dire message privé a traver le forum , pour les "mistaques", comme suis modo, je peu changer le contenu des post, c etai une joke et un clin doeil pour certain qui se reconnaitron Smile
Contenu sponsorisé

Hello Everybody! Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Hello Everybody!   Hello Everybody! Icon_minitime

Hello Everybody!
Page 1 sur 1